Entrepreneurs are notoriously busy people. Running a small business requires wearing many hats, and it can often feel as though there aren’t enough hours in the day to get everything done that needs to be done. Fortunately, some fantastic online tools have been created to help maximize your efficiency and keep you productive and focused on achieving success. Ten of our favorites are below. Check them out and start boosting your productivity today!
- Exploratree – Exploratree, a free web application, allows you to access a collection of convenient, interactive “thinking guides,” which you can print, edit and make your own. You have the ability to share the guides and collaborate on them with others as well.
- Read it Later – Have a lot to read but not a lot of time? This app can help. Read it Later lets you save pages from your browser at home or on your phone and then access them from anywhere, even when you’re offline.
- Evernote – Compatible with nearly every computer, phone and mobile device, Evernote gives you the ability to save your ideas, things you like, things you hear, and things you see. Then you can easily search for what you’re looking for and recall it from just about anywhere.
- Pageflakes – One great way to increase productivity is to consolidate information to one place. That’s what Pageflakes does for you. Build your own home page so you can check news, social media accounts, podcasts and more, all from the same page.
- Dreaminder – Because you’re busy, you might set goals and then forget about them until your next goal setting session. Dreaminder helps you track and remember your goals – an important step in actually accomplishing them!
- Remember the Milk – Do you make to-do lists? Well, Remember the Milk is like a to-do list on steroids! Whatever tasks you have to take care of, this site will help you keep track of them, send you reminders and generally help you stay organized.
- Dragon Dictation – You’re not always able to type or text when you’d like to – and in many states, if you’re in the car, it’s illegal. Enter Dragon Dictation. This app allows you to dictate emails, text messages and more, and then transcribes your spoken word for you.
- Manage My Ideas – Ever have a great idea you forgot about? Of course – we all have. Don’t let it happen again. Use Manage My Ideas to keep track of your ideas, build upon them and even collaborate on them with others.
- HootSuite – If you’re trying to market through Social Media (which pretty much everyone should be doing), it can become very time consuming. HootSuite is a tool that lets you post to Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and other Social Media platforms, all from a single dashboard. You can even schedule posts and bulk upload for even more efficiency.
Productivity is about getting as much done in as little time as possible. These tools help accomplish that in a number of ways. So now the only question is: What do you plan to do with all that extra time?
Adam Toren is a Serial Entrepreneur (Co-founded YoungEntrepreneur.com), Mentor, Investor and award winning Co-Author of Kidpreneurs (Basic Principles of Entrepreneurship for Kids).